A landing page platform does more than create fancy pages for users. It’s an effective way to improve product adoption and promote greater customer loyalty. However, not all landing page solutions are the same — they vary in support, functionality, and performance.
In this guide, we’ll outline the features to look for as you size up your next landing page platform.
To begin, let’s describe the key benefits of a landing page builder for SaaS companies and end users.
Landing Page Platform Benefits
|SaaS Landing Page Platform Benefits
|End-user Landing Page Platform Benefits
|Compliments your product strategy
|Creates professional landing pages
|Lowers operating costs
|Lowers marketing costs
|Drives customer success
|Saves time with templates
|Retains more revenue
|Grows email audiences faster
Landing Page Platform Benefits for SaaS Companies
- Complements your product strategy: A landing page builder allows users to create optimized landing pages that complement your product strategy. Page builders can be tailored to fit the industry rather than leaving them with a blank canvas.
- Lowers operating costs: Developing a page builder on your own is quite costly. Using a white-label landing page platform like Convrrt saves companies hundreds of thousands every year.
- Drives customer success: When you solve the hassles of creating and publishing pages, your company gives them the tools they need to optimize their pages and improve their conversion rates.
- Retains more revenue: Instead of forcing users to use a third-party page builder, offer it natively with your software. This helps you boost customer retention and increase monthly recurring revenue.
- Balances simplicity and capability: A user-friendly landing page builder requires no coding knowledge or experience. This makes creating and publishing slick-looking pages effortless for your users. In turn, they associate its ease of use with your brand.
We can’t discuss page builder advantages without the benefits for end-users.
Landing Page Platform Benefits for End-Users
- Creates professional landing pages: Users don’t need technical knowledge to create effective landing pages that capture their audience’s attention. The finished pages look credible and trustworthy.
- Lowers marketing costs: Hiring a designer and developer to create a landing page is costly and will take weeks to complete at the earliest. With a landing page builder, you can build the same page in minutes, usually at no additional cost.
- Saves time with templates: Users can choose proven design templates with a landing page platform. From there, they can customize the page to fit their unique brand and style.
- Launches campaigns faster: Most page builders often fall short on where to collect leads. An embedded page builder has web forms fully integrated without any additional configuration. This also helps SMB users run high-performing PPC landing pages.
- Grows email audiences: An advantage of using a page builder to help users grow their email list and test new marketing ideas. Users can rapidly validate growth initiatives when landing pages are easy to create.
Choosing the right landing page platform can be challenging.
On the surface, they are similar with drag-and-drop functionality, beautiful designs, and tons of templates. But then the differences emerge with the features and how they are used.
Top Landing Page Platform Features
As you evaluate a page builder solution, look for these top page builder features. Here are the top product features to look for in a landing page platform.
1) Grid-based layouts
Grid-based layouts are a design feature that allows the user to create a page with a clear, organized structure. This function is helpful for SaaS businesses that want to let users build pages with a professional layout and logical flow of information. Users can create a page that is aesthetically pleasing and simple to read with a grid-based layout.
2) Responsive layout changes
Responsive layout changes are a must-have feature for SaaS companies that want to reach users on multiple devices. The page builder will adjust the page’s design and content with a responsive layout to fit the user’s device. This feature ensures the page looks great and drives conversions regardless of how visitors access it.
3) SEO customization
SEO customization is essential to increase their page’s visibility on search engines. This feature allows users to optimize their landing page titles, meta descriptions, indexing status, and Open Graph markup that search engines show visitors. By letting users customize their SEO settings, you can ensure that users’ optimized landing pages show up well in search results.
4) Custom domains
SaaS providers can give users a branded landing page experience with custom domains. Strategically, this ensures that user-generated content isn’t directly tied to your company domain. This feature is also desirable for customers who want to maintain brand consistency across all their online channels.
5) Media optimization
Media optimization speeds up the loading images, videos, and other media files for faster access times. This feature compresses pictures and resizes them for the page size so they load quickly, even on slower internet connections.
6) Feature flags
A landing page builder with feature flag support lets you release new features to a segment of users. Alternatively, you can grant access to more “premium” parts of the page builder to those with a higher price plan, thus growing your SaaS metrics. When well executed, feature flags are vital in driving product-led growth.
7) Reusable sections
Reusable sections is a page builder feature that lets users replicate landing page sections for later use. For instance, testimonials or product value propositions. Both beginner and advanced users want to maximize their resources, and this feature saves everyone time.
8) Design system support
Many software companies maintain a design system to define their user interface. A landing page platform should fit naturally within the rest of your product. This page builder feature is also useful for end-users who want consistency across all their online channels.
9) Multi-step funnels
Multi-step funnels are a feature that allows users to create landing pages with multiple steps or stages. Instead of leaving visitors with a generic “Thank you” message, multi-step funnels help your users create effective sales funnels with additional offers and e-commerce transactions.
10) Content syndication
Content syndication is a feature of a modern landing page platform that lets software companies push templates or behind-the-scenes changes to published landing pages. The primary benefit is that companies can create a high-quality template and share it with users, giving them more reasons to embrace the product.
11) Form handling
Form handling is an essential capability of landing pages. Ensure you have enough redundancy to ensure form fields are correctly stored and transmitted to the underlying CRM or marketing automation endpoint. Professional landing page platforms have these covered and can push data via webhooks, dynamic data integration, or APIs.
12) Lead-gen pop-ups
Pop-ups are a landing page feature that displays a pop-up after a given time or behavior, prompting visitors to provide their email or a special offer. This feature is particularly useful for SaaS companies that want to increase their lead generation efforts. End-users appreciate this capability because it helps them generate more leads.
13) Cloud infrastructure
The backend of a modern page builder is hosted in the cloud on trusted technologies like Google Cloud Platform and Cloudflare. That means pages are always available and can handle high traffic volumes. Since the hosted page builder platform is already built, your development team won’t need to code everything from scratch.
14) Performance analytics
Performance analytics is a feature that allows users to track their landing page’s performance, such as page views, form completions, and conversion rates. This feature helps SaaS companies that want to prove the value of their automation campaigns or provide recommendations for better performance.
15) Continuous improvement
Continuous improvement is more of a service than a feature, but it’s worth including here. As online technologies evolve (e.g., third-party cookies), you need a landing page solution that stays current. The ideal landing page platform gives you a voice in its upcoming features and roadmap and delivers new functionality promptly.
One thing is clear about landing page platforms — they’re not just fancy page editors. Software companies need enterprise support and deep customization to delight users.
How To Choose the Right Page Builder
- Understand the use cases. The first item to consider is the use cases of the page builder. Is it meant for companies like yours? Do they have examples describing it? Hint: The product is likely catered around ad agencies if you see mostly ad agencies mentioned on their site.
- Evaluate the user experience. It goes without saying the user experience is crucial to move forward with a page builder. Pretend you’re a newbie and ask yourself would this landing page builder help you express yourself?
- Attend a live demo. There’s nothing quite like actually seeing the landing page platform demo with an expert to answer questions. They’ll also be able to show you around areas of the software most relevant to your use case.
- Ask about the support and guidance provided. Support is a must-have for SaaS companies. You don’t want to implement a solution that isn’t well-supported or is a page full of API documentation. Get clear on how your product team can get guidance and support.
- Determine how many dev resources you need. Many landing page tools on the market look great but ultimately require additional software engineers to “build it again” in your environment. Be certain that the page builder vendor doesn’t assume you will hire more developers to maintain it.
Landing Page Platforms for SaaS
What if you didn’t have to choose between a proven landing page platform and dedicated support?
This is where Convrrt steps in.
SaaS companies can add a complete landing page builder to their software that grows customer loyalty and strengthens the product as a whole. Users are delighted by the ease of creating and publishing landing pages. Even if you don’t do “landing” pages but event pages, user profiles, or a web form builder — Convrrt adapts to your use cases perfectly.
Ready to see how landing pages could be your next growth lever? Book a demo today!
From there, the fun part: announcing to users what’s possible with your brand-new landing page feature. We’re there for you before, during, and after to ensure your can scale your SaaS.
Landing Page Platform Feature FAQs
What is a landing page platform?
Which companies use a landing page platform?
3. Constant Contact (Sharpspring)
4. Brevo (Sendinblue)